Hi everyone and welcome. I’m glad you’re here today. I want to introduce myself and my sweet, adorable, smart cat who has me trained and wrapped her little paws. I’m sure you if you own a cat or have owned a cat you know what I mean. My name is Crystal and my cat’s name is Daisy Mae. Her picture is below. Also, her picture with her name on it is below too.
I thought I would do something special for cats because well… they deserve it, not to mention not too many people that I know of take the time to make their cat’s treats which would give an extra touch of love.
RECIPE FOR CATS: SALMON KITTY CAT TREATS
- 10 oz canned Salmon, undrained.
- 1 Egg, beaten.
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Pulse 10 oz canned salmon (undrained) in a food processor and/or chop as finely as possible.
- In a mixing bowl using a hand or stand mixer, combine Salmon, 1 Egg (beaten) and 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour until dough forms. If the dough is too dry, add up to ⅓ cup of Water. If the dough is to wet or sticky, add a bit more Flour. Dough should be tacky but not sticky.
- Roll out dough on a floured surface until about ¼ inch thick. Use a ¾ – inch cookie cutter in the shape of your choice to create your treats (or form with your hands!).
- Place treats on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. When they’re slightly browned and crunchy, they’re done.
- Allow to cool before serving.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
RECIPE FOR CATS: CHICKEN KITTY CAT TREATS
- 1 ½ cups cooked Chicken, Shredded.
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour.
- ½ cup Chicken Broth.
- ⅓ cup Cornmeal.
- 1 tbsp. Softened Margarine.
- While your oven is pre-heating to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, combine the Chicken, Broth and Margarine, then add the Cornmeal and Flour. Knead the dough into a ball and then roll it out to ¼ inch. Cut into 1 inch pieces and bake for 20 minutes on an ungreased cookie sheet.
RECIPE FOR CATS: CHEESE TREATS
- ¾ cup shredded or grated Cheddar Cheese.
- ¾ cup Whole Wheat Flour.
- ¼ cup Sour Cream or Yogurt (plain).
- ¼ cup Cornmeal.
- 5 tbsp. Grated Parmesan Cheese.
- While your oven is pre-heating to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, combine all the ingredients into the dough (add a touch of water if needed). Knead the dough into a ball and then roll it out to ¼ inch. Cut into 1-inch pieces and bake for 25 minutes on a greased cookie sheet.
**Disclosure** I found these Recipes on TWO Spoiled Cats or if you want to check their whole blog out you can go to TWO Spoiled Cats. Also, these recipes can be found on the internet too. You can create your own combinations by cooking your own kitty favorites by substituting key ingredients.
If you make any of these treats or any of your own combinations please let me know how it goes and how your cat/cats like the treats.